Thursday 26 January 2012

Pond taking shape at last!!!!!!!!!!

 This week I have mainly focused on pond building and I have seen a few new species in the area from a Hare, Fox and a Buzzards nest plus Watervoles very close so the pond maybe a place for them to use as a place to feed exciting!!!. So after a few days of digging I decided on using the clay and mud dug out as a raised bank where I can plant reed bulbs as well as cover the bank in moss, fungi and most importantly rotting branches to encourage the growth of the mosses on the bank.
 If the water drys up over the summer or does not clear then I will have to use a pond liner but I think by this time next week it will be fully mossed up, water plants in and then its ready to let nature do its work.

Thanks for reading

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment