Saturday 3 July 2010

Grey seals on the North wales coast

Today I got up early and was on the beach for 4am the sun was rising and the sea was calm. My target species today was Grey seals and they normally come onto the sand or stay close to the Prestatyn and Rhyl beaches during hide tides but there is bigger colony on hilbre island which located within the dee estuary for more information about the island click here
Heres some photos and abit of footage I managed to get of a few Grey seals that came within 15 metres of the beach.
 
 I hope to film seals pupping in the Autumn at Angel bay which is close to the Little Orme but I will be checking it out in the next few days.
 
Heres a photograph of a female grey seal that has a pup at Angel bay the photograph was taken by Anthony Woodhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment